cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS M100 Format SDHC Card

Gabriele
Apprentice

Hello everybody!

I have a problem with my EOS M100 and my Lexar 16GB SDHC. I have always used this SDHC and it has always worked. Now I downloaded the photos on my mac and I deleted everything on the SDHC. When I put the SDHC back in the camera it did not work anymore, saying "memory card error". The card is not on locked position and unfortunately I cannot format the SDHC card from the camera itself because the option "format" is grayed out in the menu.
Any idea why this happened?
Thank you everybody

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like a memory card failure and time to try a new one.  Be sure to only use the full size memory cards, not the micro-SD cards that require a plastic adapter in order to use it in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

normadel
Authority
Authority

Did you format the card in the Mac, to the Mac format type? The camera can't read that.

Can you format the card in the computer to FAT/FAT32 format? Or format it on somebody's Windows or Linux computer to FAT/FAT32?

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

As Norman said, the Mac format is not compatible with the camera format.  If you cannot find a windows computer, try to see if the Mac will format the card in FAT32 format.   If you can get the card to FAT32, then format the card in the camera.

Formatting the card, rather then deleting all the files is definitely the way to go.  However you should not format the card on any other device than the camera to avoid any incompatibility issues.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements