cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90d viewfinder doesn’t work

Forgottenimages
Apprentice

I turned my camera on the other day and the viewfinder would not focus and none of the display works. The camera works just fine in live view. Also the display on the top of the camera does not work. The light comes on but nothing is displayed. I seen a video that said to pull the battery and sd card out for a while. I did that and the display on the top of the camera worked but the viewfinder did not. As soon as I shut the camera off the top display stopped working. Any help would be very much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Has anything changed since you last used the camera?  For example, have you had any knocks, bangs etc.  Have you changed any settings since you last turned it on when it worked?

Initially, I would suggest using the LCD at the back to go into the menu and reset the camera to factory defaults - just in case something has occured that you were not aware of.

Did you get it from a bricks and mortar store?  If so, I would suggest then taking it to them to see if someone can look at it for you, failing that, is the camera under warranty?

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Forgottenimages
Apprentice

Nothing has changed since I last used it. It worked perfect before. It was in the case but I looked it over really well. No marks nothing wet. I think I bought it from B&H but I wasn't logged in to my account if that's where I bought it. I need to call them in the morning to see if they can look up my order through my email address. I will see about factory resetting when I get home. Thank you

B&H are a reputable store and, I believe, an authorized Canon reseller - so you should be covered by their support and the Canon warranty if you can find the proof of purchase and it is within the warranty period.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements