cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D lens and accessory compatibility with EOS M50 Mark II

Kaplang
Contributor

Will the Canon lens I use with my EOS 7D be compatible with the Canon EOS M50 Mark II ? And what about the battery, memory and wired remote shutter button? 
I’m considering getting the M50 if the 7D accessories and lens will transfer 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I am now the owner of an R50. Time will tell if I got good advice and made the right decision. Either way Canon is working hard to make it obsolete.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

It's not as dire as you might imagine.  The new lenses use a lot of composite compounds that are very light but robust - materials have come a long way in the last decades.  The main thing is the optics should be good, and I hope you will be happy with the results you get.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I'm comparing it to a Nikon F I was using many years ago. Still have it. Mostly metal and able to take a beating

Ah those were the days... I used an F1 as well but mostly Nikon F3 and Canon A1 units when I started. I still have one of each today.

As gear becomes more electronic its life expectation before most folks replace it is now shorter.

I still shoot on occasion with the Canon D30 Rel 2000 and D60 rel 2002. They are absolute tanks!

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

A lot of those older SLRs made it through the Vietnam conflict with a lot of abuse and came home in working order. Wonder if the plastic DSLRs of today are.able too?

Announcements