cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 7D CF card recommendations

redfootranch
Apprentice

Hi, coming from a Kodak Easyshare I am very new to DSLR cameras! I picked up a 7D recently that came with an 8GB SanDisk Ultra card and I'd like more storage. When I tried installing the 128GB Extreme Pro from my 7D Mark ii it didn't seem to want to seat onto the pins so I didn't force it. All pins are intact and straight.

I am unable to find online info regarding Canon's recommendations on compatible card or  card classification types. I'd like at least 64GB of storage with this body being it's single card type.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I have owned the 7D for many years, it is an old but good camera.
You might want to download the Advanced User Guide for the 7D from: 
gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300002580/02/eos7d-im2-en.pdf

Information I have read suggests that while the 7D will shoot to 128GB cards, you can only update firmware and certain other functions with the 32GB cards.   Given the small size of the images, I would suggest keeping to 32GB CF cards to be on the safe side, and get only brand names such as SanDisk, Lexar and Prograde.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements