cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 77D External mic does not work

markavandyk
Apprentice

Hey, guys.  I've watched videos... I've done everything.  I still cannot get an external mic to work through my EOS 77D.  I know the mic works.  I record music and stuff with it all the time.  I've fiddles settings... any thoughts?  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

We need to know the brand and model of your external mic please?

**edited for typo

Thanks,

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It is an MXL 770.  I don't know what you mean by "band".

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

"Brand" He was Cupertinoed.

Never mind to you all, but thanks for trying.  I ran the mic through another preamp I had and adjusted sound levels and it worked great!  If you want to know, the playback through the camera is NOT an indication of the recording volumes or how it will sound through a good computer audio system.  Yay!  Thanks again, but problem solved.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

According to the manufacturer's specs, the MXL770 has an XLR connection.  The 77D has a 3.5mm input.  I'm all for being creative and I understand the mic is good quality, but I'm sure the problems occurred when you tried to adapt it's connection.  I'm glad you got it sorted.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The XLR can output to anything.  You just have to have the right output jack.  Anyway, the old preamp came through!

Announcements