cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D

Caz1
Apprentice

Hi, I have a EOS 77D camera which was working perfectly.

It will now not take a photo after having been used in the movie mode. I depress the shutter button half way, it focusses and then when I depress further, nothing.

Can someone help ?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Does the camera have a memory card inserted, formatted in the camera?

Perform a factory reset.  

Power on and retest.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Do a reset of the camera. Menus, tool, clear all settings and clear all custom settings. Make sure you have a known good battery and a good top quality SD card. That's about all you can do.

Top quality SD cards and batteries do not come from Dollar General or Amazon. Always good to make sure the charger is actually charging too. Do the reset first!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Just realized...  Subject states 70D, first sentence states 77D...

Which is it?

If its a 70D and nothing changes after the reset and checking the battery is good, I might suspect the PCB.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Product Advisory Detail Page - Does not apply to 77D

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements