cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D - screen won't turn on, and can't take a picture

rg710
Apprentice

Hi there! I have been using this EOS 70D for some time. Now the screen is blank - I cannot access the menu/playback at all. I can look through the viewfinder and focus, but nothing happens when I try to take the photograph. Have tried various modes and switching the battery and SD card. Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1

normadel
Authority
Authority

First, IS the camera focusing? Does the shutter work? If so, the battery is not your issue. Does the LCD display on top work? The SD card has is not a factor at all.

The INFO button on the back of the camera switches between four different displays . . . . a settings screen, a level, another properties screen, and NO DISPLAY. Try pressing the INFO button. Does anything appear?

Does anything appear when you press the REVIEW arrow after taking a picture? Even if camera is set for NO display, the picture you took should appear. Does it?

When you turn the camera on, is there a Sensor Cleaning notice? This happens even if display is switched off.

Try resetting the camera to factory settings.

Is your display blank totally and completely no matter what you do? If so the camera needs service.

Do you have the manual for the camera? If not, download it from Canon Support. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements