cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D not recognized by laptop

lfgull
Apprentice

connectivity between EOS70D and laptop running Vista was fine.  one month later, I can't get the laptop to recognize the camera via USB cable connection.  WI-FI is disabled per the manual.  any troubleshooting techniques I can try?

4 REPLIES 4

@lfgull wrote:

connectivity between EOS70D and laptop running Vista was fine.  one month later, I can't get the laptop to recognize the camera via USB cable connection.  WI-FI is disabled per the manual.  any troubleshooting techniques I can try?

Well, since you ask, give up on Vista and install Windows 7. My recollection of Vista is that it wasn't as bad as most people thought, but that talking to oddball devices wasn't its greatest strength.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Mykolas
Authority

Hi lfgull!

Thanks for posting.

Do you have any devices connected to the computer other than the camera, either wired or wireless?

Is the laptop connected to AC power?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

no other devices connected and I've been connecting the laptop to ac power when trying to upload.  the strange part is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

There are no drivers needed for the computer to see the camera.  So, the problem is elsewhere.  Like a bad cable or USB port.  Some other device conflicting?

Try using a card reader on a different port and a new cable.  Do you have anotyher computer, or maybe a friend, that you can try it on?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements