cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 70D Problems

LarryK
Apprentice
  • My EOS 70D has started giving a BUSY message everytime the shutter button is pressed if the flash is opened automatically or manually.  The message appears for about 10-15 seconds and then an Error code 50 message appears. I am also getting a fairly persistent message that says "Faulty communication between lens and camera. Clean lens contacts with soft microfiber cloth and reinstall."  I have done the requested cleaning multiple times on each of my three Canon lenses.  The described problems occur with all three lenses. I have also turned the camera off and back on multiple times and have removed the battery and reinstalled multiple times as requested by the Error code 50 message. Nothing has helped. Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Larry,

"Clean lens contacts with soft microfiber cloth and reinstall."

I have never seen this work.  But some guys I have talked to say it does sometimes.  The act of changing the lens tends to clean the contacts.  I suspect it has only worked for people that rarely change their lens.

Error 50 suggested remedy is to turn the power off, then remove and re-install the battery. Then turn the power back on again.

If this doesn't work you are left with a service call which you need to do today.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@bncanton wrote:

Once I got it back I started using it a lot for engangement shots and just general usage because it only has a 6 month warranty.. Well it worked OK for about 2 months and starting giving me busy messages and the shutter speed is so slow I miss the shots completely

I don’t understand your complaint.  If they gave you a six month repair warranty, and the camera acted up after two, then make a warranty repair claim.  They should have a record of the repair.  Have your serial number handy when you call it in.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements