cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 700D Sound is disabled

Alfredo
Contributor

Suddenly my camera doesn't procude an audio file and when I film a 'Sound is disables' message appears. But in the menu audio is enabled, tried Auto and Manual. Still when I start filming the message appear and the actual files has only video.

 

What happened?

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend

Sounds like you have it set up properly.  Are you using the internal microphone, or an external one?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

Internal and then I swap in editing with external file. But without ausio is hard to sync. It has worked since 2013, then suddenly it didn't. But obviously the software knows as the signs Sound is disabled blinks when I start filming. 


@Alfredo wrote:

Internal and then I swap in editing with external file. But without ausio is hard to sync. It has worked since 2013, then suddenly it didn't. But obviously the software knows as the signs Sound is disabled blinks when I start filming. 


Oh.  So, you're not seeing this message on the camera?  Is it a message from your video editing software?  If so, then I cannot help you.  You lost me with "I swap in editing with external file".  

 

I guess the acid test is whether or not you hear sound when you play back the video in the camera, prior to any downloading and editing.  If you can hear audio during playback in the camera, then your issue is unrelated to the camera.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

The message is in the camera, not in the software. The reason I mentioned the editing software is to clarify that is not a problem of volume. The actual audio file is not there. The audio is disabled in the camera.


@Alfredo wrote:

The message is in the camera, not in the software. The reason I mentioned the editing software is to clarify that is not a problem of volume. The actual audio file is not there. The audio is disabled in the camera.


You're not answering all of the questions.  Do you have any audio when you play back a video IN the camera?  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

Sorry, no there is no audio in playback in the camera.


@Alfredo wrote:

Sorry, no there is no audio in playback in the camera.


I would reset the camera back to factory defaults, which must be done in up to 3 locations in the menus.  Some items, like custom button programming, have their own reset.  Write any of your changes so that you don't lose them.

BTW, audio isn't transmitted across the HDMI cable while recording, so it may disable audio inside the camera.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."

I tried all of that unfortunately. Waiting for an answert from Canon. You have been very kind 🙂

Announcements