cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II Won't Turn On

Peterbrahms
Apprentice

Hi community, I purchased a new Canon 6d mark 2 last year August... It has never come on for once and each time I ship to Canon  service center for repairs, it comes back with the same problem. This camera has literally never taken a single image since purchase and Canon would not do a refund/replacement. I'm tired of going back and on the on the same issue. I don't know what to do anymore. 

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your 6D Mark II.

What are the symptoms that you see on the camera?  What have you tried so far to solve the problem?

Have you tried no lens mounted on the camera, a fully charged battery, remove memory card?

I have not tested it with a lens at all. 😰

You never used a lens with the camera?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

normadel
Authority
Authority

What DID Canon say or do about the problem? Hard to believe they kept sending it back to you without telling you SOMETHING.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There must be more to this story? He said the camera has never taken a photo.  If the camera has been to Canon they would not return a non functioning device.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

We'll see. Maybe.

Peterbrahms
Apprentice

Here's the full gist,

I live in Nigeria. Last year August I had my aunt who stays in the US help purchase the camera in the US because a friend was traveling down and was available to bring it down. It only came on once after I had received and tested it and won't not come on afterwards. I had it sent back because the warranty would not cover my region. It was repaired and sent back to Nigeria and the exact scenario played out again (came on once and would not come on afterwards). Had it sent back to the US the second time. Lo and behold, the same scenario would repeat itself. (Tested in the morning and it came on but by the time I tested the second time, it did not come on). Sending it to US over and over is really expensive. 

I don't even know what to do anymore. 

When I sent the second time, the idea was to get a refund -so I can purchase locally where I would have easy access to warranty covers or get a replacement entirely but what I got was still the same camera. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

"It was repaired'.  What was repaired exactly?

I'm sorry but this is not a customary occurrence.  Canon would not knowingly return a non functioning device.  Something that won't turn on is not something that would be missed.  Most assuredly not a second time.  Forgive me, but what you are saying doesn't add up.

Are you testing with more than one battery?  Remove the lens and memory card.  

All repairs come with a warranty.  If the above is unsuccessful, the only recourse is sending it back.  Make it clear the camera only turns on once, then not again.  Provide written steps to reproduce the issue.  Have a family member test when it comes back.  Whatever money you "saved" not buying in Africa is gone.    

I'm sorry you're having this issue, but remain unconvinced Canon would send back a camera that doesn't turn on more than once.  Its just too basic.   I still believe there is something else wrong here.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does sensor cleaning show when you first turn it on? If you press the Info button, does anything show up on the LCD screen? If you press the menu button, does the menu show? Try turning it on without the lens and memory card. Are you sure that your battery is good? Do you have another battery to try?

Announcements