cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Mark II HELP!

jebruno
Apprentice

I'm a still photographer using EOS 6D Mark II. I am experiencing some unfortunate vision issues and would like to use an external monitor instead of the camera viewfinder and onboard LCD screen. The Feelworld LUT6 seems to have what I need but I am wondering if it will be able to function as a replacement for my 6D's "Live View". I understand that the LUT6 is designed for video but will it support my needs for still photography? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I haven't used it in years, but I did have Canon's EOS app on my iPad.  Which is now replaced by Canon's 'Canon Camera Connect' app.

Unfortunately, there is virtually no accessbility support in the app.  Lots of text elements are small and do not react the 'larger text size' iOS/iPadOS setting.  VoiceOver wasn't useful either.

Perhaps there are other apps that you could run on a tablet that would be accessible?  Not sure.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks - It's my understanding (so far) that if an external monitor is connected to the 6D via HDMI the "Live View" onboard LCD screen will shut off and the "Live View" content signal will be routed to the connected monitor. 

@jebruno wrote:

Thanks - It's my understanding (so far) that if an external monitor is connected to the 6D via HDMI the "Live View" onboard LCD screen will shut off and the "Live View" content signal will be routed to the connected monitor. 

That is not exactly true.  You need to understand that you will only get the video output on the HDMI signal.  You will lose all touch controls, which iarenormally available in Live View mode.

The suggestion to use a tablet device running Canon Connect is a good one.  You will have much larger screen, and you will have all of the functionality of the rear LCD running Live View, including touch focus control.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jebruno
Apprentice
Waddizle, I don’t need the touch screen feature- as long as I have the full display of what was formerly on the LCD screen I can use the controls on the camera to manage the shooting settings. If that’s possible then I’m good to go. And yes, I considered the option you suggested - the monitor I have in mind is extremely well suited for bright daylight shooting. I’m going to try your suggestion on a borrowed tablet. Thanks so much for your help
Announcements