EOS 6D Mark II Bits of light visible under symbols in viewfinder

Inache
Apprentice

1000000051.jpg

Hello. I encountered this problem. In the viewfinder, under the information line, small areas of light are visible under each illuminated symbol. What could be the problem? Upon closer examination, I noticed that I see a reflection on the focusing screen, is this normal or should it not be like this? In reality, the light under the symbols is not as strong as in the photo, but it is there.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Something could be misaligned in the mirror box or viewfinder assembly.  If this is concerning, you can have Canon look at it.  I'd schedule a cleaning / inspection.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I totally agree.  You beat me to it.  Send it Canon for C&C.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I just can’t remember if this reflection was there before; I work more through the screen. It can be seen if the angle of inclination changes, and it seems to me that this may be completely normal. Another point is the glow under the numbers, it all started with them and I already looked at everything and paid attention to the reflection. In the photo the glow under the numbers is very intense, in reality this is not the case. I want to find the same camera and compare everything, there is nothing nearby. Thank you all, I’ll let you know how I figure it out, is there any cause for concern?

Yes definitely send it to Canon. Your 6D Mark II doesn't use a regular focusing screen. Instead it uses an LCD overlay in the viewfinder. My 5D Mark IV doesn't have this reflection. It too uses an LCD overlay in the viewfinder. Canon's higher DSLRs have dropped regular focusing screens. In favor of the LCD overlay. The 6D Mark II, 7D series, 5D Mark III/ IV 1DX series just a few to name use this technology.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 5D Mark IV
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Retired Gear: EOS 40D, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM & EF 70-210mm F/4
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Interesting information. I can't find the same camera. I want to be sure that this will not happen again on another similar camera. But I have already started searching for a good service center.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I had a 6D2 for over 5 yrs.  I had no bleeding light from the edge of the display in my VF or on the LCD. 😉  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I am attaching a video file. The small spots of light under the letters are not very noticeable here, but the reflection from below is clearly visible. This reflection is only visible if you change your viewing angle. This moment seemed like a problem to me, although I am not sure and do not rule out that this is the norm. For six months I shot exclusively through the screen and video. But this weekend I decided to photograph nature; There are many bright places here and this moment caught my attention. And this really confused me. I didn't find any other problems with the camera.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11GUml0t8k6YeF9fwlYEhiJUeBwrPCMBo 

Announcements