cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Corrupted CR2

tomutaviorel
Apprentice

Hello! I have a little problem too... Last weekend I took pictures at an event. The problem is the following. I put the card in my laptop and downloaded the pictures but some of them were corrupted. I want to specify that I only shoot raw. I also changed the card reader and it's the same problem... Is it possible that the card is on the verge of death? I use a Canon 6d and so far I have not encountered this problem. I also connected with the phone to the camera and downloaded that image and it was ok, but there I think it was automatically converted to JPG... Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera. If not start there and see if the problem persists. If the problem persists replace the SD card. Also what kind of SD Cards are you using Full Size or Micro SD Cards in an adapter. Only use full size SD Cards. Micro SD Cards in an adapter causes a lot of problems with Canon cameras.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Hi” i only use full size SD card from Sandisk Ultra. I admit, the card is about 7 years old.

Thanks!

Did you manage to repair the raw files?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. When you changed the card reader did the files download uncorrupted?

2. If you suspect the card is bad just replace it. Cards are cheap. I suspect your memories are valuable. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements