cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 650 (film) won't turn on, even with new battery

croissant
Apprentice

Hi all, I have an old EOS 650 (analog) that has been my main camera for the past 10 years. Recently I noticed that the battery would sometimes stop being recognised and I would need to jiggle it around or tighten the screw on the battery compartment. It's now stopped working altogether despite tightening the screws, swapping out the battery and cleaning the connections (they look to be in great shape).

Does anyone know how I can fix this? There are no repair shops for film cameras in my area. Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@croissant wrote:

Hi all, I have an old EOS 650 (analog) that has been my main camera for the past 10 years. Recently I noticed that the battery would sometimes stop being recognised and I would need to jiggle it around or tighten the screw on the battery compartment. It's now stopped working altogether despite tightening the screws, swapping out the battery and cleaning the connections (they look to be in great shape).

Does anyone know how I can fix this? There are no repair shops for film cameras in my area. Thanks for your help.

You could look at each of the electrical contacts and maybe use a paperclip to bend then up slightly. Perhaps they took a set and lost "springiness" by being under load for so long.

Also be sure that there isn't any corrosion on the contacts.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements