cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60D Interrupts Video by Taking Photos

Hiram1
Apprentice

I have had my 60D for a number of years and it's a true work horse. Recently during video recording it has started interrupting the video with what would appear to be the camera taking photos during video. The camera clicks a few times and then returns to the video which has stopped recording. No pictures have been taken!

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings, Hiram1

It's odd that the camera is taking pictures when it's in the process of recording video. If this occurs randomly, even if there's no interaction on the camera by the user then let's try clearing the camera settings to restore them back to factory default to see if it helps resolve the problem. I will provide you with a link to the user guide and the steps to clear the settings are on page 51. Please make sure to have the camera in either the P, Tv, Av, or the M mode to allow this option to be available in the camera’s menu.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300004019/03/eos60d-im3-c-en.pdf

In case the issue persists, then we would have suggested to send the EOS 60D to our repair facility but I'm sorry to say that the facility no longer repairs this model. An alternative option is to participate in the Canon Upgrade Program.

The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera available at the time of your call.

Zachariah
Contributor

@Subarunet wrote:

I have had my 60D for a number of years and it's a true work horse. Recently during video recording it has started interrupting the video with what would appear to be the camera taking photos during video. The camera clicks a few times and then returns to the video which has stopped recording. No pictures have been taken!

I would try a new memory card. And, review your settings for any accidental or unintentional changes. I like to use Custom Shooting Modes for settings that I want to remain unchanged.

Announcements