cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV Shutter Count

Carlosalves
Contributor

I would like to know if there is already an app that sees the number of clicks of my Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. thank you

24 REPLIES 24

Do you know which app that is?

TIA

kevmac

Check DireStudio -dot - com.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 134958.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Gluggo
Apprentice
I am new here but I live in a remote area. Bought a new camera (seller stated), but through the web and not through a dealer. I would also like to know if I can check the shutter count to verify that this is new vs a camera with (example), 10,000 clicks.
So far I have not found a way to check shutter count on windows on the 5D MkIV. I have also tried through my Iphone but the 3 internet sights that downloads my photo determined no shutter count is imbedded in my photo. It was interesting to see how much information is in every photo thought. I might spend the money to send it in but for now I am searching YouTube and Internet but so far NO good.
If anybody has found out how to do a shutter count as of 9-2020, for the 5D MkIV please let me know. In the meantime I will keep trying. TYIA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The problem here is, you don't know if the count those apps give you is accurate. Perhaps it is perhaps is is not. Sometimes they seems to jive with what Canon provides and sometime its way off. This is in my own personal experience with them and CPS service. It is really just a curiosity and added to the fact it counts video time as one click, pretty useless. IMHO, as always.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Also, consider, I have seen cameras fail in less than 5000 clicks. I have seem cameras go five hundred thousand clicks and still going.. So which do you have?  A 5000 clicker or a 1/2 million?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements