cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark III won’t change metering mode

Penguini
Apprentice

Hi there, I’ve got a Canon 5D Mark III, been using it for a couple of weeks now no problems, earlier i was playing around with some of the AF settings after when I went to take a photo, I saw a dark circle in my VF, After discovering that is was my spot metering i tried to change it back to Evaluative metering, but it still has the dark circle in my VF after i keep changing it. I believe my camera is stuck in Spot Metering even though i keep changing. 

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
Normally a dark circle is not an indicator of metering, per se.  I would suggest that if you have not done so, do a factory reset on the camera's configuration and see if that resolves the issue.

If that does not do so, then we have to consider the interaction of the lens and the camera as a possibility.  What lens are you using (be specific) and if you have more than one, does this occur with both or a specific one.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements