cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2000D Lines on my photos?

evilreligion
Apprentice

For some reason, purple and green lines have been overtaking my photos and completely ruining them, and I'm not entirely sure why, though I'm thinking it may be a sensor issue? I've been having this issue only when I try to shoot through my viewfinder (it doesn't happen when I shoot using live mode or when I connect to my phone), and I just want to know if anyone has experienced anything similar, and if so, what's to be done about it? My camera is a 2000D (Rebel T7) and I've had it less than a year.Canon Issue 2.JPGCanon Issue 3.JPGCanon Issue.JPG

5 REPLIES 5

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:

Just to clarify.  Are the lines you are seeing only on the viewfinder display, or on the recorded images?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The recorded images

Thank you for that fast confirmation - which confirms something I suspected.  Since it is on the images, the balance of likelihood is that there is an issue with the sensor.  I suggest that for this you contact Canon tech support at 1-800-OK-Canon to have a talk to them.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it! That’s what I was afraid of, I’ll call them. 

If you are ok with that, it might be a good idea to post my response as a resolution, otherwise you might get a lot more questions and comments posted to you.  Good luck!

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements