cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1DX Mk II fast mode switching

buffalobreath
Contributor

In photographing high school sports I normally shoot in AI SERVO mode at 14 fps, however there are times when I’d like to shoot single frame while remaining in AI SERVO.  Is there a Custom Control function that will allow me to quickly go between the two settings while remaining in AI SERVO?  I’ve read the Custom Controls section of the manual carefully and found no such feature.  Is manually changing the modes my only choice?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

I think you're correct, there is no customizing button for you to do this.  Keep in mind, AI Servo and Continuous shooting mode are two separate functions all together.

Most people would not care if they shoot off more than one shots while in Ai Servo though.  If you feel embarrassed to shoot off a bunch while taking a portrait of some other photogs,  you press the AF-Drive button then turn the big dial to single shot - two actions which you can do in a fraction of second with practice.  AI Servo is untouched.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

diverhank
Authority

I think you're correct, there is no customizing button for you to do this.  Keep in mind, AI Servo and Continuous shooting mode are two separate functions all together.

Most people would not care if they shoot off more than one shots while in Ai Servo though.  If you feel embarrassed to shoot off a bunch while taking a portrait of some other photogs,  you press the AF-Drive button then turn the big dial to single shot - two actions which you can do in a fraction of second with practice.  AI Servo is untouched.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Shouldn't you be able to do it by registering the settings as a custom shooting mode?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you both for your replies.  Now I know what to do.  Smiley Happy

Announcements