cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped Canon Rebel T4i

lucyweaverr
Apprentice
My camera dropped from a 3 foot table— when I took a look at it, it seemed that the lens was uneven so I took the lens off and put it back on but the auto focus wasn’t working. I tried taking it off again and noticed that there were some small broken plastic pieces on the lens but they didn’t look like they could affect much. When I put the lens on though, it seems loose like it doesn’t fit right. Is this a mechanical issue with my camera because it dropped or is the lens broken and I need a new one?
7 REPLIES 7

@lucyweaverr wrote:
My camera dropped from a 3 foot table— when I took a look at it, it seemed that the lens was uneven so I took the lens off and put it back on but the auto focus wasn’t working. I tried taking it off again and noticed that there were some small broken plastic pieces on the lens but they didn’t look like they could affect much. When I put the lens on though, it seems loose like it doesn’t fit right. Is this a mechanical issue with my camera because it dropped or is the lens broken and I need a new one?

Probably both.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Looks like a good time to upgrade to the T7i.  I don't think Canon services the T4i any longer. So, upgrade is in order and be more careful. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes upgrade, even if Canon would repair it would cost a whole lot of money. Upgrade and buy an accidental damage extended warranty too. T7i kit or even the T6i kit whatever your budget allows.

Yes.  Not even a question.  Divine intervention.  God telling you its time to buy a new camera.

Black Friday Deals Galore!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Divine intervention."  Smiley Very Happy

The T4i was not all that good of a Rebel anyway.  It was superseded almost before it came out by the T5i.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

lucyweaverr
Apprentice
Bought a new lens for $35 on mob.com and it works like new! thanks for the suggestions though

lucyweaverr
Apprentice
mpb.com ***
Announcements