cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download problem

drquad
Apprentice

Hi, I have an Canon 300D rebel, and I have updated to a laptop with windows 8. I used the original disc that came with the camera, but my computer won't recognise the camera. I have looked at the device manager, and it have an exclimation mark beside it, meaning that there is no driver, even though the driver was installed from the disc. I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times but to no avail. I have downloaded the updater as well with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try switching your camera communication mode from "normal" to "PTP" under the second tools menu on the camera. That should allow communication.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There is no driver and there is no driver required.  The simplest solution is to use a card reader.  Your new laptop may, should, already have one built in.  If not they are inexpensive and they "work" ! Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

giham
Apprentice

Hi I am trying to interface to a Powershot A2400IS using software in order to download items.  Images (jpg files) work fine but the video files (mov files) are not.  From what I can discover only jpg files are in the Items collection of the WIA device items collection.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

"Any thoughts would be appreciated."

My thoughts are still get a reader.

SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, reader.

BTW, you do have the latest d/l for Win 8.1?   If not get it from the Canon web site.

Powershot A2400IS

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements