cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cosmetic defects on R5 out of box and other questions.

hybrid839
Apprentice

Out of the box, I noticed some scratches on the inside of the body, like where the sensor\shutters are, just on the upper right of housing. I was also wondering about the shutters, of why the second shutter looks different than the others. Is it some sort of like fabric tape? Functionally what's the purpose of that? I also noticed that it's not uniform and it looks like there's a diagonal stich on the shutter. As far as I can tell there's no functional problem, but not sure if it's worth exchanging since there's minor defects out of the box?  It's easier to see in person than trying to take a picture with my phone but tried taking a picture.

Side note: I tried submitting an email to Canon via this link - https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/email/!ut/p/z1/fY-7DoJAEEW_xYKWGZ6C3QIhaEA...  and I have filled out all fields that have a * and the submit button does nothing?  I tried with multiple browsers too.

20220417_210827.jpg

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you are worried about it, return it immediately. Otherwise you will always wonder.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements