cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous power to EOS R100

john_know
Apprentice

Can someone hyperlink the items I need to power my EOS R100 continuously? It'll be permanently mounted on my rig.

2 REPLIES 2

michele123
Apprentice

Hello,

Powering Your EOS R100 Continuously

To power your EOS R100 continuously for a rig setup, you'll need these components:

• DC Coupler: This connects to your camera's battery compartment and provides power from an external source. For the EOS R100, you'll likely need the ACK-E18 DC coupler.
  • Dummy Battery: This plugs into the DC coupler and acts as a spacer. For the EOS R100, you'll need the DR-E18 dummy battery.
  • Power Supply: A reliable power supply unit (PSU) that provides the correct voltage and amperage for your camera. Consult the camera's manual for specific requirements.
  • Power Cable: A suitable power cable to connect the PSU to the DC coupler.

Additional Considerations:

• Ensure the PSU is compatible with your camera's voltage and amperage requirements to avoid damage.
  • Consider using a voltage regulator or step-down converter if the PSU's output voltage doesn't match the camera's needs.
  • For long-term use, opt for a high-quality PSU with overcurrent protection.
  • Securely mount the PSU and cables to your rig for stability.

By combining these components, you can achieve continuous power for your EOS R100 on your rig.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

All Canon accessories are listed in the User Guide.  You can find the part numbers cited above on the product page in the Canon USA online store.  Scroll down the Specifications and expand the “Power Sorce” section.

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/eos-r100-rf-s18-45mm-f4-5-6-3-is-stm-lens-kit?color=Black&type=New 

I do not recommend using a cheap, imported power adapter.  They do not work.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements