cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting EOSM50 for livestream with Macbook Pro Monterey

Yunusd
Apprentice

Hi All,

I have been through the discussion boards and they have helped me to download the webcam utility. Initially, I couldn't see any connection between macbook and M50. After changing cables, I can now see a connection as the utility window opens when I plug in the camera, but still do not get anything else. From reading the forums, it looks like I need the right cable and it will work? Anyone using M50 with Macbook Monterey as their camera for video? Any suggestions?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What directions are you following to get it up and running?  Instructions are available from the same page where you downloaded the Installer.

Did you install the EOS Webcam Utility, EOS Utility 3, or both?

When you connect the camera using a USB cable and turn it on, you do not want to see a window launch itself and open up.  NOTHING should happen with the EOS Webcam Utility.  The EOS Utility 3 opens a window.  The EOSU 3 needs to be closed and disabled from launching.

Nothing should happen with the Webcam Utility until you open an app that would use it.  The camera may click a couple of times as it turns on the video feed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yunusd
Apprentice

Thank you. I have downloaded Webcam Utility, removed EOS Utility 3. But the only file in the Webcam Utility folder is Uninstaller, no other files there.AAD3324E-5954-40C0-AC98-612C642356AB.jpeg

Yunusd
Apprentice

One thing I notice, on the Canon page in the UK, when I put in my MacBook model Monterey, the options for EOS M50 does not show webcam utility as an option to download? Maybe not compatible in UK?

@Yunusd wrote:

One thing I notice, on the Canon page in the UK, when I put in my MacBook model Monterey, the options for EOS M50 does not show webcam utility as an option to download? Maybe not compatible in UK?

Maybe it is not the UK, but the camera itself.  The M50 many not be supported.  Most of the early releases in the M Series are not supported by the Webcam Utility, probably because they did not support remote shooting through the regular EOS Utility.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements