cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected my canon to my computer before I installed the software, help please!

reikarg1
Apprentice

I connected my canon rebel T5 to my MacBook Pro before I installed the solution disk, which was a big no no because now I the disk will not work. How do I fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

There are no drivers for the camera.  The Mac would be able to connect to the camera even if you didn't install any of the supplied software.

The Canon software includes their Image Browser (photo management), Digital Photo Professional (image adjustment software), and EOS Utility (camera control software.)  You aren't required to use the Canon software for your camera (it is nice that they include it.)  

What is the OS version number for your Mac? (Click the black Apple  in the menubar (upper left corner) then choose "About this Mac" to get the version number.)

It may be that the Canon software version supplied with the camera is not compatible with your version of the OS.  Not to worry... you can always download the correct version (and there's probably a newer version availalbe for download anyway.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

I did the same thing with my MacBook Pro. I would like to use the Canon software, how can I fix this problem?

Hi Lalbrecht,

In most cases, there's no harm in connecting your camera before installing the software.  Just install the software as you normally would.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements