cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect EOS R Bluetooth to more than one device

yondukrish
Apprentice

Hey, I’m trying to connect my R to my iPad without deleting the iPhone config and I can’t figure out how. To be clear I’m not trying to connect them simultaneously, only one at a time. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You probably need to define separate connection configurations for each device.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Device Profiles - Camera.  The information you are allowed to define or edit is limited.  You can only edit the nickname or delete the entry on a previously paired device.  There is one exception.  When using the camera as a hotspot, you can define its SSID name, security, passphrase, IP address, SM and gateway.    

When you enable Wi-fi, bluetooth or NFC, pairing suggestions are based on the device category or service you select.  Computer, mobile device, image.canon, etc.  The camera will suggest devices it has successfully paired with previously or offer a new device connection if detected. 

Are you using the canon connect app?  The Canon Connect app also saves connection profiles for devices it has paired with successfully.  Body type, nickname, etc.  This facilitates connection to a previous device more quickly.  

When you run into problems, we usually recommend resetting the network settings on the camera.  Occasionally, using a custom nickname can cause issues.  As good measure, you can also delete a saved device profile on the Canon Connect app, then repeat the pairing operation with the device. 

**Note: What's available to you can also depend on the firmware version you are using with the body.  We hope this helps.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ugh; this thread is spam.   OP just editing their initial post to add a suspicious link.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Yep.  I just reported.

shadowsports_0-1688135565049.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements