cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing

janicemiller2
Apprentice

We're in the market for a new camera ... we're thinking about an entry dSLR.  I'm looking at these 3 cameras and would like your opinion ... we'll be taking pics of kids, outdoors, indoors, low light, need image stabiilization, good shutter speed and recovery to take the next shot, would love wireless ability to email or post pics - prefer to view image on the camera (not where it flips out), good rechargeable long lasting battery, lightweight ... which of the three do you think would be best?

Thanks!

EOS Rebel T3i EF-S 18-55IS II Kit  to  EOS Rebel T2i EF-S 18-55IS II Kit  to  EOS Rebel T3 EF-S 18-55IS II Kit

4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority

The T3i is not much different than the T2i, the only real difference being the fold-out screen.  The sensor is the same 18mp  sensor in both.

The T3 has fewer MP's, so lower resolution. 

Note the importance of that lowercase "i" in the description.

Buying the camera with a kit lens, you can save $200 between T3 and T3i. 

Please keep in mind that you should invest your money in glass (lenses) over bodies.  Bodies become obsolete, but lenses hold value. 

Kudos to you for investigating things fully before making the purchase.

For low light, here (seriously) is the solution.  Get a 50mm f/1.8 for just $108.00.  It will let you take shots in light that the KIT lens can't do.  That cheap 50mm will shoot in only 1/4 the light that your kit lens could!!!

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I haven't used any of the Rebel series of bodies but a few months ago there was a discussion on best value in bodies, new & old & the T2i seemed to be the one that most agreed on re the larger sensor bodies. If not the T2i then research the t4i because (from a tired memory) there were improvements to the AF system that several seemed worthy of the extra cost. The reviews here may help you in deciding which features are worth paying for vs which are nice but you may never appreciate.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/camera-reviews/canon-cameras/canon-eos

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

all i would like to say it reminds me of people who look at a  wedding mag see great images think wow, go into store explain there going to a wedding and want to take great pics!! which we all do!

and straight away the sales person shows them a l series lens and a 5d or the other firms outfits. 

i have no problem with people working to a price point, but my advice is buy l glass first it never goes out of date, and it does make whichever camera you end up with perform 1000000000%.

the glass is expensive and taking images of special persons, children, events etc etc is PRICELESS

well had my little rant.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Whichever lens you get, I would buy the T2i above the others every time. I don't need fold out backs, so why pay for it?  I loved my XTi's and still have one. They are light, too. But I would put a 35mm f2 lens on any Rebel over the kit lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements