cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon eos rebelt t7i won’t turn on

Films
Apprentice

My canon t7i won’t power on even though the battery is  charged and has it’s memory card in it. The little light at the bottom flashes red as soon as i close the battery door/latch but when i swith the camera on it wont turn on can someone help me please !!!

9 REPLIES 9

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Try removing the card, and powering it up.  You could have an issue with the memory card.  What type of card?

If you see the light flash when you close the battery door, that should be a sign that it is properly closed.  You could also have a display failure.  What do you see in the viewfinder when you press the shutter?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Films
Apprentice
i can see through it but nothing happens when i press the shutter nothing happens when i turn the on button

@Films wrote:
i can see through it but nothing happens when i press the shutter nothing happens when i turn the on button

Contact Canon US Suppport.  Sounds like your camera is malfunctioning.  1-800-OK-CANON

Films
Apprentice
do you think it’ll be expensive to fix like i have taken care of that canera good i haven’t had it for a year yet and have never done anything to mess it up

It's impossible to know how expensive it will be to fix until you send it in. After you send it in, you'll be provided a quote so you'll know how much the repair will cost before you approve it.

@Films wrote:
do you think it’ll be expensive to fix like i have taken care of that canera good i haven’t had it for a year yet and have never done anything to mess it up

Your camera should be under the first year warranty.

"i haven’t had it for a year yet ..."

You did buy from a authorized Canon USA dealer?  You did register it?  You are covered!  Smiley Happy   Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

FPS-Hussle
Apprentice
Dude I’m going through this exact thing with my t7i and I’ve had it for less than a year. It sucks so much, and I tried calling cannon but no answer. Such a stressful thing to have to go through.

Dude you called the wrong number. Try 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements