cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T5i 700D focus problen

psdonald42
Apprentice

Hello Community,

I'm new to this community and new to EOS cameras.

I have a T5i 700D camera and i have a problem with the focus on the final image.

I have used AF, manual focus and Live view. I have used 2 different lenses.

I notice it particularly when doing close up shots.

I get a very good focus either through the viewfinder or on the screen but when i take the shot the image is blurred.

I use a tripod so it's not me being shakey.

Any ideas for a newbie.

Thanks

Peter

11 REPLIES 11

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

How are you determining "focus"?

Are you closer than the minimum focus distance of the lens?

Are some parts of the image in focus while others are out of focus?

Can you post an example?

Hello kv,
When i say focus i mean that the image i can see on the screen or through the viewfinder is as perfect as i can make it with fine details being shown clear.
I then take the shot and the resultant image has lost the details and id blurred.
In other works what I see is not what i get.
I know you probably need details of my settings and an example and i can get that on here later. (not at home right now)

Peter

What magnification are you using to determine the quality of the focus? You might have expectations that are too high.

Hi there!

Which lenses specifically are you using, and how close exactly are you? 

Like kvbarkley asked, if you can supply the community with sample images, and EXIF data that will be immeasurably helpful! 

@psdonald42 wrote:

Hello kv,
When i say focus i mean that the image i can see on the screen or through the viewfinder is as perfect as i can make it with fine details being shown clear.
I then take the shot and the resultant image has lost the details and id blurred.
In other works what I see is not what i get.
I know you probably need details of my settings and an example and i can get that on here later. (not at home right now)

Peter

What is your shutter speed?   You may want to use the built-in shutter timer delay.  Your hand can shake the camera when you press the shutter, which can cause a blurry photo when you have a slow enough shutter speed.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@psdonald42 wrote:

Hello Community,

I'm new to this community and new to EOS cameras.

I have a T5i 700D camera and i have a problem with the focus on the final image.

I have used AF, manual focus and Live view. I have used 2 different lenses.

I notice it particularly when doing close up shots.

I get a very good focus either through the viewfinder or on the screen but when i take the shot the image is blurred.

I use a tripod so it's not me being shakey.

Any ideas for a newbie.

Thanks

Peter

Are you saying that taking the picture with live view does not cure the blur?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Sorry folks,

I got home and wanted to move this forward but my daughter boeeowed the camara for a few weeks. 

I'll put this on hold  until i get it back.

I'm doing some close ups of plants and on live view they look great. I would expect that the actual photo would be better than the tiny screen. My samsung S6 takes a better quality shot. 

Peter

Your Samsung with its itty-bitty sensor also has a wide Depth of Field which may be the problem here.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Your Samsung with its itty-bitty sensor also has a wide Depth of Field which may be the problem here.

"I'm doing some close ups of plants and on live view they look great."

Good point.  But, if the image "looks great" in Live View before the shot, then DoF may not be the issue.  Time will tell.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements