cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SL3 Exposure disappearing after changing ISO (in manual)

JacobO
Apprentice

I am a beginner videographer, and recently purchased the canon sl3. I have tried shooting video in manual mode but ran across a problem that other people that I know with SL3s have not had. When I film in manual mode, the exposure and ISO both show up. The default is 0 exposure and the ISO is in auto. I can change the exposure as much as I want, but when I change the ISO out of auto, the exposure button disappears. This is frustrating because it means I can either adjust the exposure to a correct amount, and have the lighting constantly readjusting because of the auto ISO, or lock the ISO in place so the lighting is steady, but when it is sunny it is completely washed out by the light. From looking around on the internet I have seen some people complaining about this exact problem, but I have not been able to find the solution. I know it is possible, because every other SL3 owner I have talked to has full control of exposure and ISO. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I have a video showing the issue: https://youtu.be/9-16C2r_JUw

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

' I have tried shooting video in manual mode but ran across a problem that other people that I know with SL3s have not had.'

Sit down with one of those folks and compare all your camera settings with theirs. If you get your camera set up the same the behavior should be the same.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements