cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T3i won't take photos

mikdermit
Apprentice

I purchased my T3i about a year ago. I haven't used it since October, and it was working fine. Yesterday, I tried to take a picture and it wouldn't work. I tried different memory cards, still nothing. Manual Focus, nope. When I turn it on itll take a picture and then the screen will be black. After i click buttons, the screen wakes up, and when i tried to press the button to take a picture, it doesnt take. Help.

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

Could be a bad battery. Do you have a spare?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

amfoto1
Authority

Best guess....

If the camera has been sitting for a long time, the battery may be fully discharged and might need to be run through several discharge/charge cycles before it takes a full charge again. I've had that happen Camera wouldn't even take a shot at first... the battery was so quickly discharged. Then it would take a couple. Finally after a few charges it was fine again and would take lots of shots.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

mikdermit
Apprentice

It can't be the battery.  Tried using a brand new battery too and it did the same thing.

If you know the battery is good. and the camera wont start, you need a canon tech. if the camera will start but not shoot, go into the menus and reset the camera system. but I forget where the reset is in the menus. but I dont think it's under the auto settings.

Announcements