cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel SL3 - Flash Compatibility

micfriday
Apprentice

Hey friends! I hope you're all having an amazing day :), I wanted some advice regarding my SL3, I shoot portrait photography and I found a studio recently to shoot in and they have a Neewer Vision 4 Wireless Flash and I know the SL3 isn't compatible due to the hotshoe so I wanted know does anyone know any loopholes to get around this? I don't want to HAVE to upgrade my camera if I don't have to. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

There aren't any loopholes to get around it. You'll have to use Canon EX or EL series speedlites. For compatibility only the EL-100 & EL-1 speedlite are compatible. Other EL series speedlites aren't compatible. They only work with certain EOS R series cameras. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Aww alright thank you so much!

3rd Party speedlites rely on the center contact. Which your camera lacks. Canon brand speedlite, macro lites and triggers don't need it. They probably never. So you'll have to upgrade your camera or use Canon's gear. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

Announcements