cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6 No Longer Showing Showing Setting Changes in Live/View Finder

emmaclark02
Contributor

Hey All! I have a Canon R6 and one of my favorite features is that when you're looking in live view or the view finder, as you change your ISO, fstop and shutter speed, it shows you in real time what your pictures will look like before you even take the picture. All of a sudden, mine stopped doing that so I have no idea if I clicked a button by accident but I have no idea how to get that back! It's killing me!

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues.  Does this issue occur with all lenses?  If you are using a mount adapter for EF lenses, is your mount adapter made by Canon?

I recommend trying to reset the camera back to its factory defaults.  

What shooting mode setting when this happens?  It almost sounds like the camera is set to one of the fully automatic shooting modes.  But let’s reset the camera, anyway.  There may be other settings creating a perfect storm of camera misbehavior.

Set the camera to Manual shooting mode.  Goto Gold Wrench Menu (5).  Select “Reset Camera” and choose the “Basic Settings” option.  Did that make a difference?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@emmaclark02 wrote:

Hey All! I have a Canon R6 and one of my favorite features is that when you're looking in live view or the view finder, as you change your ISO, fstop and shutter speed, it shows you in real time what your pictures will look like before you even take the picture. All of a sudden, mine stopped doing that so I have no idea if I clicked a button by accident but I have no idea how to get that back! It's killing me!

Look in the "Shooting 7" menu (red camera) for "Expo. simulation". Make sure that is "Enabled". Options will be explained on page 249 of the 1.6.0 users manual 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements