cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5, error message saving [ 3]

DrAtropine
Apprentice

I was taking pictures when suddenly my viewfinder went black.  The LCD screen displays a memory card 1 icon, a rotaing wheel,  and saving [  3].  Nothing is getting rid of this turning camera on and off, taking off lens, taking out memory cards.   The red power light is still on on bottom of camera.   This error is preventing me from using my camera.  The sensor was not auto shut when I took off lens.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,
Power the camera off and remove the memory cards.  Remove the battery.

Re-insert the battery.  Power on the camera.

Now power off the camera again.  Re-insert the cards.

Note:  You may lose whatever images that were not written to the card(s).  This might be a good time to back up whatever you have on the card(s) to be safe.  Card reader <

If this doesn't resolve the issue, the card(s) may have become corrupt.  They will have to be reformatted, first outside the camera, then after you re-insert them (in camera) before use.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,
Power the camera off and remove the memory cards.  Remove the battery.

Re-insert the battery.  Power on the camera.

Now power off the camera again.  Re-insert the cards.

Note:  You may lose whatever images that were not written to the card(s).  This might be a good time to back up whatever you have on the card(s) to be safe.  Card reader <

If this doesn't resolve the issue, the card(s) may have become corrupt.  They will have to be reformatted, first outside the camera, then after you re-insert them (in camera) before use.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Dude, thanks so much!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You're welcome 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements