cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 Issues/Feature Requests

laitm
Contributor
My hope is that someone on here (from Canon) can explain to me why on a camera (R5) costing in excess of £3.5K you cannot manually change the ISO back to Auto mode unless you either wait for the meter to timeout or try some menu hack to reset the meter. 

To clarify: Camera (R5) in manual mode with Auto ISO enabled.

I look forward to your response. 
24 REPLIES 24

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

After viewing your video, I tried the same thing on my R5 and can confirm it behaves as you indicate.  It looks like something Canon needs to look at in a firmware update.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks Trevor, at least someone understands that this should probably NOT be normal behaviour. I find it quite interesting that everyone offers lots or workarounds and excuses for this. I personally find it a really frustrating quirk on Canon bodies. If you actually wanted to configure/use a longer meter timer you basically cannot get back into AUTO ISO mode without using the Q button or another menu combo. 

You keep referring to Canon BODIES (plural) - have you experienced this with other Canon models?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Observed on both the R5 and R6 

OK, I will check my R6 units and see if this is the case for me.  If so, the issue seems to be limited to the MILC systems, but it is an issue and should be addressed.

cheers, TREVOR

click here to view the gallery
Announcements