cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R5 Issues/Feature Requests

laitm
Contributor
My hope is that someone on here (from Canon) can explain to me why on a camera (R5) costing in excess of £3.5K you cannot manually change the ISO back to Auto mode unless you either wait for the meter to timeout or try some menu hack to reset the meter. 

To clarify: Camera (R5) in manual mode with Auto ISO enabled.

I look forward to your response. 
24 REPLIES 24

No, I cannot.  I get the standard FB message that the post is not available because the owner shared it with a small group, or the video is not available right now.  I suggest a repost of the video on FB.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

This should work now! 

https://vimeo.com/758803814

Thanks. 

My question is WHY this is considered normal behaviour when you can change this on every other camera. See video link for further clarity 

https://www.facebook.com/100063683860930/videos/5925896504110735

For example. If you have your camera in an underwater housing and want to set the ISO using the dial you have to WAIT for the meter to timeout before you can set this back to AUTO. This makes no sense to me as you should be able to go from AUTO to a FIXED value with the same control dial. 

I do not see videos at your links.  All I see is a Facebook login screen.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I guess you need to be logged in to Facebook to view it. Assume you don't have a Facebook account?

You can change ISO mode from AUTO to manual by opening the Quick Menu. 

Not if your camera is in an under water housing 🙂 Anyway I appreciate there are workarounds. I just wanted to understand if this was standard method of operation on Canon's range of mirrorless bodies. Which I guess it is from your previous responses. 

All brands work the same way.  Did you know that One Shot AF locks both focus and exposure?

Yes, I agree on that point. However, in most cases people use the back button for focus and de-couple this behaviour. I guess the issue is because the the meter remains active for a configurable timer and on some other cameras the meter timer must be slaved to the shutter button. I only experience this issue with Canon so must be specific to the vendor. 

As I said, it is not apparent in any other Canon model I have tested, so it is specific to the MODEL not the overall Brand per se.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
click here to view the gallery
Announcements