cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R10 wont work with Lexar UHS-II SD card.

BostonVisualsPT
Apprentice

Hello, 2 days ago I received this Lexar Professional 128GB Silver PRO SDXC UHS-II SD card from amazon, and   wont work, I have tried formatting but it told me to switch out cards. I am a bit confused at the Canon R10 supports V60 UHS-II SD Cards and this Lexar Card is from Lexar's Official Amazon Store so I doubt its fake. I have made sure the contacts are clean, the Camera detects the SD Card so I have no Idea how it doesn't work.  Can someone please explain why it wont work or help to figure out what I can do to allow it to work? Here is the amazon page, I have left a bad review today to warn people about it. [Commercial link removed per Community guidelines and replaced with screenshots to serve as visual aids.]
1.JPG2.JPG

417367852_381721161011099_5867189714212566048_n.jpg417368152_381721274344421_6139596946666632360_n.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

rs-eos
Elite

It could just be a faulty card. Do you have another card you can try?

Also, while Amazon does have storefronts from the actual brands, I personally avoid getting any electronics gear or accessories from them.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I suspect that memory card may not be what it claims to be.  If it is truly a Lexar memory card, then does the packaging have third party branding.   As near as I can tell, the Liexar “SILVER” series are UHS-I micro-SD memory cars.

12C9A3EA-5767-40C9-9DF1-8F2D5F5F783D.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Nice catch! In searching for that card, I only see images where its lettering and right-hand vertical stripe are all silver/gray and not blue.

In the OP's photo of the card, I'm now seeing a suspicious shadow along the right edge of the "Lexar Professional" label.  It's almost like that is a sticker that has been applied after the fact?

--
Ricky

This card is not blue, its just my lighting in the room I have blue LED lights.  Its sliver and very reflective, it came in the original packing, the same one I get whenever I get a Lexar SD card, Its the black one with a big lexar logo on it and the name of the SD card, also this sd card is in lexars website, but when I search up SD cards for the Canon r10 it doesn't show up so idk what makes it different from other UHS-II SD cards. That shadow is a reflection as the Silver labels are very shiny. I emailed lexar to see what they think about it. Its prob real but for whatever reason its defective which is rare or their is a bigger reason to why it doesn't work with my camera, ill have to wait to see what Lexar support says about it. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Agree with you both.  The card does not appear to be what it claims.  

The silver pro is black and silver.  The blue series are blue and do not say "silver pro".  I'd return and purchase from B&H.

Memory Cards | Lexar

shadowsports_0-1705074744970.png

Edit, I see now you are saying bad lighting.  OK.  See what Lexar states.  You'll likely receive a replacement if it came from them.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It isn’t blue, it’s silver. I have blue lights in my room that makes the silver blue. 

Danny deleted the original link. The screenshot he posted seems to suggest the vendor was NOT Lexar.  There is a link to the Lexar store.  But the part that identifies the vendor was not part of the screenshot.  

Note, check your fine print in the terms conditions. Initially, Amazon Prime contracts read that if your vendor was out of stock, then an alternate could be used.  Another reason to stay away from online marketplaces. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Good callout.  Yep, in the past I've gotten a replacement part for a shaver that came from who knows where.  Was definitely not the OEM version.  Ever since then, I've relied upon Amazon less and less.  I definitely avoid them for all my photography gear, even if it's something that's not mechanical or electrical.

--
Ricky

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

I recently had a Lexar memory card fail. I contacted Lexar through their web page customer support. They had me supply some information and then transferred money to my paypal account as warranty relief. Amazon might also give you a refund.

Good Luck.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements