cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M100 remote shutter control

imk1230
Apprentice

Hello,
So my new EOS M100 just arrived and am a little diaspointed inasmuch as there is no way i can control the shutter from my PC and the Canon Android app only seems to allow me to do Attended single shots.

What i want is an unattended shooting solution/app that i can programme up to capture Astro or Wildlife photos, go to bed and let it do the work.

Basically say something like this:
Exposures=100, Interval=Every 10 Seconds, Duration=1 Second, @ f=X Iso=Y etc etc

This is a great LITTLE light weight camera that you could attach to a telescope without upsetting it or stick under a bush in a box with a remote power supply.

I don't want a big camera with box of gadgets this little guy is perfect 🙂 just missing a simple bit of funtion 😞

Any suggestion please?

Many thanks imk

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@imk1230 wrote:

Hello,
So my new EOS M100 just arrived and am a little diaspointed inasmuch as there is no way i can control the shutter from my PC and the Canon Android app only seems to allow me to do Attended single shots.

What i want is an unattended shooting solution/app that i can programme up to capture Astro or Wildlife photos, go to bed and let it do the work.

Basically say something like this:
Exposures=100, Interval=Every 10 Seconds, Duration=1 Second, @ f=X Iso=Y etc etc

This is a great LITTLE light weight camera that you could attach to a telescope without upsetting it or stick under a bush in a box with a remote power supply.

I don't want a big camera with box of gadgets this little guy is perfect 🙂 just missing a simple bit of funtion 😞

Any suggestion please?

Many thanks imk

I strongly suggest that you return the M100 in exchange for a Rebel DSLR like the T6.  The M100 lacks the features that you apparently have been seeking, like tethered shooting and a wired remote control input.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Or even an SL2 if size and wieght are a concern.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I am not sure if the SL2 has an input for a wired remote.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It does:

SL2-ext.jpg

@kvbarkley wrote:

It does:

SL2-ext.jpg

With the information that kvbarkley supplied and this remote (PIXEL FSK 2.4GHz Wireless Shutter Remote Release Control for Canon) you can do what you are interested in doing.  It is available through Amazon.  Not sure it works with M100, I would call.

Announcements