cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Eos R10 transfer image to android phone with no wifi

MissFlatout
Apprentice

Hi! I am trying to transfer images to my android phone from Canon R10, using bluetooth. However I have no access to wifi in any capacity. And it seems i can't do anything in camera connect without wifi.

I am wondering why that is? If i have established a bluetooth connection with that camera from my phone and trying to remote control the camera or want to transfer images, it just pops up a window saying "redirecting to a better wifi" (or when i have enabled wifi the window says "enable wifi") Can I only use Bluetooth? How in that case?

3 REPLIES 3

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MissFlatout,

The camera uses Bluetooth to make the initial connection, but then it will switch to Wi-Fi to communicate with Camera Connect.

Make sure that the camera is selected in your phone's list of Wi-Fi networks and that it is not switching to a different network automatically. If that happens the connection to the camera will fail.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is the part I think she might be missing.  😃 The camera has its own WI-Fi.  Your phone can connect to this Wi-Fi broadcast and transfer images. 

Please review your camera's manual and enable its Wi-Fi.  Once done you will be able to connect your phone and transfer images.

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R10 : Connecting to a Smartphone (start.canon) 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

MissFlatout,

There is also the option of transferring your photos over a wired connection using your USB cable.

I was looking for a wired option to an Android phone and after looking for options, settled on an app called Camera Connect and Control instead of Canon's Camera Connect app.

It's a paid app that you can get on Google's Play Store. It's free for 3 days, so you can test it out before you decide if you want to buy it or not. I think it's $20.00 now. It sits on your Google Account, so you can use it on multiple devices.

You can also use the app to remotely control your camera and take pictures as well as transfer them.

You would need to buy an OTG or On The Go adapter to plug your USB cable into the port on your Android phone.

Steve Thomas

Announcements