cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Rebel T5. Not shutting off

LandoElliott
Contributor

My camera randomly wont turn off I have to remove the battery when they happens. It is super random as well. 

10 REPLIES 10

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What brand, model, and capacity memory card are you using?

I recommend full size UHS-i U3 cards with a max capacity of 32GB.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

C3DBB912-02A8-49DD-9C95-6003F9EF1A90.jpeg

LandoElliott
Contributor

It is a rebel t5 and im not sure I believe its a larger one I take a lot of photos. Ill check., 

Try this!  Leave the memory card out of the camera.  Close the door, and turn the camera on.  Turn the camera off.   If the problem went away, then your microSD cards are the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

LandoElliott
Contributor

I might try to switch cards because it doesnt always happen and see if that helps! Thank you so much for your time!! 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

As my esteemed colleague Waddizzle commented, your use of Micro SD cards could be an issue, but even if not, they present a risk because of the fact they have to use an adapter to fit into your full-size SD card slot.  It is far more reliable to use a full-size card.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

I will look in to getting a full size card. any recommendation on brand/size? 

The main thing is to get a card from a reliable source - there are lots of counterfeit cards on the market and they should be avoided.  I personally use SanDisk and Lexar cards - capacity is what you can afford, but larger cards are usually faster.  The thing to do is become familiar with card speeds, and it is the write speed that is most critical, not just the read speed, that most manufacturers tout because its the faster metric.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

The issue with my SIM card could that also be why it sometimes doesn't want to take a photo? It is normally when it doesn't turn off either. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements