cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS R6 MK II - Hot Pixels or Stuck Pixels ?

azvm
Contributor

Hello to everyone,

I have bought a Canon R6 MKII about 6 months ago.

And i notice some red dots on a pictures with some long exposure 5s to 10s and iso around 400/800.

I have done sensor cleaning and manual cleaning to see if they go away, but they only reduce the brightness and size, and now i see white and red dots, small but a lot.

I attach the image after the cleaning.317A4223.JPGzoom_300.jpg

Can some one give me some opinion ?

Thank You/ Kind Regard's

Vitor

21 REPLIES 21

No no no, i send it to warranty because of hot pixels not clean sensor.

I clean my sensor my self, so i don't need to pay for something i didn't request.

Canon wants to clean dust to solve my hot pixels issue, do you think this is from this world?

What Canon what's is to charge me for the return shipping and claim is cleaning that will solve my issue on a camera with a couple of months, its just this.

I know that companies and even we don't work for free, please. But if I, as a customer, am asking to solve a problem with a machine that I paid for with my own money and that is under warranty, what Canon has to do is solve it and stop making excuses.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Look you may not agree but Canon thinks the dust is at least part of the problem. Sometimes when you ask for an opinion, you don't get an answer you like. IMHO, I would pay to have Canon clean the sensor. I am not a big fan of lay people like yourself cleaning the sensor themselves.

When you get it back you can map out "hot pixels" yourself. A generic method is:

Keep the lens cap on the lens and cover the viewfinder. In the menu, start Clean manually and wait for one minute until you turn off the camera. Repeat two or three times if first time doesn't work. However, a perfectly professional cleaned sensor is a plus.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements