cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS M2: Trying to use FD lens with adapter, will not fire...

stefoboss998
Apprentice

Hello Canon world!

I own a Canon EOS M2 mirrorless APS-C camera, and I want to use my older Canon FD lenses on it... But the thing is, when I adapted the Canon EOS-m to Canon FD filter with the vintage lens, the camera does not seem to fire, or take an image. I tried looking in settings to find "fire without lens" mode, but I do not see any such button... PLEASE HELP. 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

stefoboss998,

Because of the adapter, your lens will not electronically communicate with your camera. That means no autofocus, and you have to adjust the aperture manually.

If you have the camera in One Shot, it won't take a picture if it can't achieve focus.

I can't guarantee that this will work, but try flipping the switch on your lens to Manual, and put your camera in Servo mode. If you're in Servo, the camera doesn't need to be in focus to fire.

You'll need to focus manually and change your aperture manually.

See if that works.

Steve Thomas

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

See page 291 of your user guide.  Custom function. 7. Release shutter without lens.  Enable this feature. Set the camera to manual. You should be able to take pictures with your manual lens now

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements