cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 700 film camera not working?

daezepol
Apprentice

Hello! I’m having some trouble…

so I bought this second hand film camera claiming it worked perfect fine. I didn’t have any film at the time to test it, but it looked like it was in great condition and everything seemed to be working perfectly! Until I tried to load in film. It makes a noise as though it is trying to film roll, but then makes a rapid beeping noise. It seems as though the wheel in which it is supposed to catch the film isn’t working, which is disappointing, because everything else works perfectly! does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? Or is this something I need to get fixed by a professional? Thanks for your help! 

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Get a refund.  Or, buy another one and cannablize it for spare parts.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Definitely agree with Waddlzzle - you should require a refund from the vendor if they claimed the camera was in good working order.  Trying to fix it yourself simply negates their responsibility.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

daezepol
Apprentice

Well, it seems that my biggest mistake was to by it off of eBay, rather than a vendor. I’ve been trying to find another, but it didn’t come with the original packaging, so I don’t know the full extent of the model. Every time I try to search for it, it comes up with other versions of the model.

oh well, maybe it will just be nice decoration. Thank you to you both! @waddizzle + @tronhard

Does eBay offer any kind of support for you in this case, if so, it might be worth pursuing it with them.  I would certainly note it in the vendor's feedback.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Yes, definitely file a claim with eBay.  I have never used eBay.  But, I have never heard anyone complain about the customer service when the seller is peddling bad merchandise.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

normadel
Authority
Authority

On eBay, even if the seller states "no returns", you can get a return if the item was not as represented in the listing. If listing claimed it worked fine and it obviously does not, that is grounds for a refund.   But I'm not sure about time limits. Look up Return Policies on eBay.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Use your phone camera to take a photo of the front of the camera and also the back of the camera with the film back open for loading so that we know which model you bought.  Some of the film cameras are a little fussy about picking up the start of a new roll of film, you have to pull enough out so that it not only engages the initial teeth of the take-up sprocket but also curves around nearly the entire sprocket to get it to finish automatically loading the roll of film.  Also make sure that you aren't using a defective roll of film, when you pulled out the initial few inches to engage the take-up sprocket, the film should have pulled out very easily.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

normadel
Authority
Authority

To address the camera's issue.....sounds like the wind mechanism gearing was stripped by someone doing something bad to it. The seller would not know this unless he/she film-tested the camera. That's why many ebay sellers indicate "film-tested" in their listing. Or, the seller did know and lied.

Getting this repaired is very likely not even possible, and wouldn't be worth it anyway. Just out of curiousity (I'm a Canon collector), how much did you pay for it?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements