cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D Member Reviews

TexasTea
Contributor

Good morning all,

I wanted to start a thread for member reviews of the new Canon EOS 6D, as they begin to come to market.  I'm not sure if I've made the first shipment from my local retailer, so in the meantime I would like to see what posters think about their 6D.  Pros, cons and candid reviews vs. other Canon products are appreciated!

38 REPLIES 38

TexasTea
Contributor

UPDATE: Canon's EOS Remote App is now available for download in the App Store!

Canon also has released digital copies of all manuals and other print media on their website for the 6D!

Is there any word on an iPad App? It's really the only thing missing, aside from a less than perfect wireless implementation. iPad live preview would be brilliant.

@BSDguru wrote:

Is there any word on an iPad App? It's really the only thing missing, aside from a less than perfect wireless implementation. iPad live preview would be brilliant.

Did you see this info? http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/EOS-Utility-for-the-iPad/m-p/4803/highlight/true#M525

Yes. I don't see that it says anything about the iPad. It's available for the iPhone, I get that. Although the remote app isn't exactly what I'd need.

Picked up my 6D 10 days ago or so.  Love it!!  And love the WiFi implementation.  Only takes a couple of clicks to establish connection to iPhone or iPad after your first pairing (which remembers the password).

So far Canon only has an iPhone app, bit it runs at 2X on the iPad and actually looks and works great.  Not native resolution, but photos look nice in the App on iPad.

Of course, once you download images to iPhone or iPad, they look terrific!!   Been shooting a lot of high ISO images in low light situations (parties, etc).  ISO 3200 and 6400 really look pretty amazing.  Super impressed my photo-buddy in Dallas who has a Nikon that kicked my old 7D's butt, but the 6D has pulled more than even, possibly ahead.

Really enjoying this camera.  Still waiting for some clear nights to test higher ISO's on my 11" telescope. woo hoo!

Jim in Boulder

I couldn't agree with you more. It's awesome to be able to instantly have access to the picture on the fly thanks to the remote app. I shot inside at the Wings Over the Rockies museum, and the ISO differences from the 7D made shots that were previously too dark, quite a bit better. Looking forward to getting out with the 6D more.

I don't see an app for ipad. How does that work?

TexasTea
Contributor

Replying to my own thread... Long day at the office.  Went to the local camera shop on lunch and got to handle the 6D for the first time.  Noticeably lighter than my 7D.  And autofocus points worked suprisingly well in the camera store for a couple quick captures.  Also noticed that the new positioning for the controls is much more user friendly, allowing faster access to the necessities.  Can't wait to pick up one for myself and try it out in the wild...

Announcements