cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Connect & Canon DPP

PCHC
Apprentice

Good Morning! Have made the leap from a Canon 80D to an R7 & having many issues, not least on a second camera body after the first one froze after 2 shots. Regretting my decision already! Set up Canon Connect & the option to update firmware (from an ipad paired via wi fi) wasn't on the list. Does anyone know why this might be please? Had to go down the SD card route instead. The other issue so far is with Canon DPP, which I've always used for editing. I had an SD card from the first R7 that had to go back with some photos on it. I used the slot on my laptop, which flagged up CRAW images not being supported & had to add an extension to open them. Then opened up DPP which also didn't support the images & said to download the newest version of DPP. Did that & now every thumbnail ( CRAW & old 80D RAW & JPEG images) are blurred & pixellated. They are clear when you click & open them though. Changing the size of the thumbnail makes no difference. Is this yet another drawback to the R7 or something else entirely? Would be very grateful for any input from fellow users who might have encountered one or both of these issues please.

10 REPLIES 10

Thank you very much for your further input~I used the SD card route for the firmware~just wondered why it wasn't available via Canon Connect when it should be, according to the website.

Ordinarily I always use EOS Utility to download photos (albeit via USB). Just couldn't on this occasion as a USB cable wasn't available at that time. Not sure that using a card reader will gain me too much given the issue of the Canon DPP blurring all thumbnails regardless of format. This remains a mystery along with the Canon Connect, it seems. 

Announcements