cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a definitive answer on the continuous power dummy battery set for EOS Rebel T7

Jumpcutforwhat
Apprentice

Hey there for this camera https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/refurbished-eos-rebel-t7-ef-s-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-ii-lens-kit?gcls...

Does anyone know what the canon branded specific compatible dummy battery and AC adapter combo would be I can't find much other than 3rd party options online.

I'm trying to set this up for continuous power for stop motion shoots 

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think I just answered this identical question about a week ago.

The recommended accessories should be listed at your link.  There should also be an interconnection diagram of all accessories in the User Guide.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

These items may be hard to find as new items.  Beware of third party knock-offs.  Most do not work once you  connect your camera to a computer.   

[EDIT] You need to have both items.  The DC coupler or “Battery Eliminator”, is designed to replace the battery that is specific to your camera.  It does not charge up and power the camera.  It is simply a custom connector designed to fit inside of the battery compartment of your camera.

The AC Adapter is a universal accessory.  It is what connects to AC power and delivers DC power to any one of several different DC couplers..  

IMG_0885.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The recommended accessories aren't at the link because it's the refurbished one. Only the original new product has all the info; that link is HERE.

Oh, and here are the accessories: CLICK ME

Announcements