cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Connect Keeps Stopping

DennisP1
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my new EOS 90D to my Android phone via bluetooth through Canon Connect. Everything works fine until I get to the step on the camera "Pair via Bluetooth" and then Canon Camera Connect instantly stops and gives me the message: "Camera Connect keeps stopping." I have uninstalled app several times, rebooted camera, etc. No luck.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@DennisP1 wrote:

I am trying to connect my new EOS 90D to my Android phone via bluetooth through Canon Connect. Everything works fine until I get to the step on the camera "Pair via Bluetooth" and then Canon Camera Connect instantly stops and gives me the message: "Camera Connect keeps stopping." I have uninstalled app several times, rebooted camera, etc. No luck.

Have the camera "forget" all Bluetooth connections.  You want to use the default camera name for the initial connection.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

OK. I am not entirely sure how to do that, however. I can get it to connect via wifi. Perhaps I should disable wifi before proceeding with Bluetooth?

@DennisP1 wrote:
OK. I am not entirely sure how to do that, however. I can get it to connect via wifi. Perhaps I should disable wifi before proceeding with Bluetooth?

Good idea.  Perhaps you should try that.  The camera can only use one method or the other.  It cannot switch back and forth on its' own, which is actually a good thing.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi DennisP1,

Going along with what has already been discussed, the camera's Bluetooth capabilities will not allow a wireless connection with a smartphone or other wireless device. It's just a convenient way to go through the initial setup,

The actual wireless communication is done through the Wi-Fi protocol, but you don't need wireless access to the internet to make it work. Instead the camera creates a network of sorts that certain devices, like smartphones, can join.

OK. Thanks for the responses. Not sure I understand all the technology involved but I will try to use this in the field when I am not connected to wifi and see how it works. Really appreciate everyone's help!

Announcements