cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 90D problem while working with with Sigma 150-600 C lens

anatolyf
Apprentice

I have Sigma 150-600 OS Contemporary lens and Canon 90D body.

While working in this combination, after some time camera shuts down its LCD panel and i can't return it working by pressing shutter button. i hear lens motor but nothing happen,

If i shut down and power on the camera, it returns to work and i can make pictures again.

I do not see such effect while working with other lenses: Canon 24-105 F4, 70-200 F4 and Tokina 11-16.

Battery is fully charged.   

Camera FW version 1.0.0

Lens FW 2.3 (latest)

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have the sigma dock? There may be a firmware update for the camera.

How new are your batteries? If they are old, the sigma may be drawing too much power.

Yes, i have Sigma dock. FW is the latest.

Camera FW is not latest: my - 1.0.0, latest 1.1.1, but i didn't see this correction in FW release notes

The batteries:

- one from 2010 (from my old 60D), another from 2019 (original from 90D package)

Both are fully charged, no difference.

"Camera FW is not latest: my - 1.0.0, latest 1.1.1, but i didn't see this correction in FW release notes"

Updating the 90D FW will not help or correct this.  Canon does not update FW to make third party lenses work on their cameras. I dount it is your batteries either but a ten+ year old battery probably needs some thought to be replaced soon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... camera shuts down its LCD panel and i can't return it working ..."

Does this mean if you use the view finder instead of the LCD it works as expected? No shutdown? A further examination of exactly how you are using your gear is required. Plus the environmental conditions.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I use the same combination regularly without any issues, so I suspect it is a fault in either of the individual units rather than a compatiblity issue. 

Does this occur with any other lens?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard,

thank you for comment.

Probably it is the case. I didn't see such issue before.

Will call local Canon represntative and ask.

Anatoly

@anatolyf wrote:

Tronhard,

thank you for comment.

Probably it is the case. I didn't see such issue before.

Will call local Canon represntative and ask.

Anatoly

If you have not seen the issue with this body before you used the lens, I would suspect the lens as it is the obvious variable.  Still, it doesn't hurt to ask, but be aware that having Canon check the body may cost you...

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

i use viewfinder only. Display is off.

Announcements