cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 90D is nonresponsive.

alv0064
Apprentice

My Canon90D went from working to not working. Wasn't dropped, wasn't jostled. I put a fresh battery in and the red light flashes and the exposure settings show up on top, but I cannot adjust iso/shutter speed/or f stop with normal buttons. The camera will not take a picture, and the LCD screen will not turn on.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try removing the SD card and see if it responds. Try a new SD card. Try another lens.

Swapped battery, lens, SD card out. Still the same

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try another full-size SD card?

Lotus7
Rising Star

If the LCD screen is black, it sounds like the DIGIC-8 processor is not fully running.  The LCD should illuminate even without a SD card installed when you press "Menu".  Can you see any of the exposure or mode info in the optical viewfinder edge displays?   Since you can't access menus a "factory reset" is not possible.

If you're sure you have a good battery installed, you might try this as a last resort before contacting Canon Service (1-800-385-2155):

1. Remove the battery and SD card.

2. Switch the power switch to "ON" and fully depress the shutter button for 10 seconds. Then depress and hold the -> image display button for 10 seconds.  That can sometimes clear stored register errors.

3.  Re-insert a known good battery and wait (don't touch ANY controls or buttons) until the red light stops flashing.

Also, have you looked inside the mirror chamber checking for a mirror that has not returned to it's normal location or a partially jammed shutter leaf?  If the mirror is down, then it's impossible to check the shutter leaf positions or to check for anything caught in the shutter.   Good Luck

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements